Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Don't Forget Your Memory Card

I decided on Sunday to take pictures at our 8 am service, since the Bell Choir was performing.  A lot of times, the 8 am service doesn’t get the big music that 9 am and 10:30 enjoy, so it was a real treat. 

Just as I got a picture of the newest huge bells, up flashed a notice on my camera.  “Memory gone.”  Memory gone?  I’ve never used up an entire flash card of memory.  I tried to erase older pictures, but this didn't work.

So, I came home to download them.  To my surprise, there was no memory because there was no flash card in my camera.  While heartbroken that I missed those pictures, it was not a disaster since no one was counting on them.


As I thought a little longer, it made me think how often we let our memory card run out or forgot to use it.  Yet, God never forgets us.  He continues to bring us grace, hope and love, even when we do not read our Bible study for a day (that could be our memory card missing) or if we forget to Bless Him for all He has given us.  He continues to load our flash card with pictures of hope, pictures of memories, pictures of what the future will bring us. 

God is good.  Let us constantly read His messages to us and take them to heart.  Let us remember to insert our learnings and “post” them in our everyday language, behavior and attitude.

Carol Pigg

No comments:

Post a Comment