Sunday, May 12, 2013

Dannette's Devotional


Rejoice always, pray continually,
give thanks in all circumstances;
for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18


This is the day the Lord has made;
We will rejoice and be glad in it.
Psalm 118:24


Spring reminds me of how much I enjoyed hearing the birds as I waited for my carpool in the church parking lot where we met last spring. It didn’t matter that I was invading their territory. It didn’t matter that speeding cars and noisy trucks were zooming past on State Highway 162. It didn’t matter when thunder was rumbling, lightning was flashing, and the sky was darkening with an impending storm. The birds continued to warble and chirp and tweet. What a joyful noise!
Perhaps I need to be more like a bird ... to make a joyful noise when people make demands on my time and space, when the world is zooming around me, when I’m facing the storms of life. But how? When I turn my focus to God instead of my problems ... when I remember that God is good all the time ... I can rejoice. Yes, I will rejoice and be glad in this day that God has made! 

 
Dannette McKellar

No comments:

Post a Comment