Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Connect with Stephanie Quinn



RUBY:  How long have you attended Troy United Methodist Church?

We just started attending Fall 2013 and have felt fully embraced and welcomed by the TUMC community!

RUBY:  What drew you to this church?

We initially discovered the church because we were looking for a preschool for our 4 year old son. Once he began attending classes in the fall of 2013, we also began attending services. At that point, I realized that TUMC is a nurturing environment for anyone in any place in his or her life who seeks a personal spiritual life. This church definitely nurtures a more personal relationship with Jesus Christ! 

RUBY:  Which service do you typically attend?

We have been attending the 9am but most likely will switch to the 10:30am now that our 3rd child has arrived!

RUBY:  Share a favorite Bible verse and/or inspirational song, and whythis is a favorite.

1 Samuel 3: 7-11
10 The Lord came and stood there, calling as at the other times, “Samuel! Samuel!
Then Samuel said, “Speak, for your servant is listening.”
While there are many, many verses that I am drawn to, this particular one has consistently spoken to me for many years. I feel that I am constantly remembering to listen and I am constantly experiencing Jesus in my life where he calls me to listen, ponder, witness, and act in a Christ-like and spiritual way.

RUBY:  Tell us about your involvement at Troy UMC and/or the community.

My involvement has been limited to preschool events at the church, but I am quite excited and eager to be more involved in the TUMC community and the community at large. Because we just relocated here from Toledo, Ohio, in June 2013, we are still learning and discovering all there is to do and participate in not only in Troy but the other nearby towns (including St. Louis!)!

RUBY:  Tell us about your family.

My husband, John, is a stay at home parent where he does a fabulous job nurturing our children: Myles, Cora, and Gracie (who was just born in February!)! I teach first year composition and technical writing at McKendree Univeristy. We are originally from Toledo, Ohio, but transplanted to the Troy area back in June 2013. It has been an adjustment but we are enjoying the new surroundings!



RUBY:  Share with us your love of writing.

I can't remember a time when I wasn't writing. Once I learned my ABCs and how to form sentences, I've never stopped writing in some capacity. Writing, for me, really is a daily necessity. If I don't write, I think about writing (I will even mentally compose if I can't reach a paper and pen). Writing is my way to more fully experience life, and I try to share my passion with my college writing students!

RUBY:  What causes you to laugh?

Anything! I love to laugh just about as much as I love to write! Laughing and smiling are practically a hobby for me - I do both as much as possible!

RUBY:  What one goal do you hope to accomplish this year?

I hope to trust more and worry less! I continue to rediscover and am reminded that God really does provide and makes all things possible. So, the mountain of photos I need to print and organize in albums or even the work-related projects - I don't need to worry about them. I can trust that, just as with more serious concerns, God will provide me the strength and time to accomplish anything!

RUBY:  How may we contact you in order to make a further connection?

Stephanie.Quinn@csuglobal.edu and Twitter/@QuinnWordWoman

No comments:

Post a Comment