Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Connect with Cathy "Miss Cathy" Lynn


RUBY: How long have you attended Troy United Methodist Church?
About 17 years

RUBY: What drew you to this church?
They offered a lot of activities, especially for our children

RUBY: Which service do you typically attend?
9:00

RUBY: Share a favorite Bible verse and/or inspirational song, and why this is a favorite.
Matthew 17:20 …if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain,”move from here to there,” and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you. I like to think of this whenever I feel like I am not strong enough or don’t know enough in my faith.
My favorite song is He. It says it all. I first learned it as a child because my mom sang it at a lot of weddings. 
 
RUBY: Tell us about your involvement at Troy UMC and/or the community. 
I have been a preschool teacher at First Step for 15 years. I helped with VBS for many years. I was a Cub Scout leader and was on the Council for Boy Scouts for over 12 years. I attend the women’s Bible study group on Monday afternoons.

RUBY: Which book do you look forward to reading with your students each year? 
I have many favorites but the first 2 that come to mind are Noah’s Ark and Planting a Rainbow by Lois Ehlert.

RUBY: The best aspect about teaching is . . .
that unconditional love and trust you receive from the students and seeing the progress each one makes throughout the year.

RUBY: You have hooked me on card-making. Tell us about your own card-making. 
I first started card-making about 20 years ago along with scrapbooking. I have taught classes in it and belong to a “card” club that gets together to make cards and share ideas. I own way too many stamp sets, but I love them all and can never decide which ones, if any, to get rid of!

RUBY: Tell us about your family.
My husband, John and I have been married for almost 31 years. We have 3 sons, Matthew (age 27), Zach (age 24), and Tyler (age 19). Matt has blessed us with 2 grandsons, Landon (age 6) and Chase who is 8 months old. They keep us very busy.

RUBY: How may we contact you in order to make a further connection?
e-mail at cmlynn@charter.net




No comments:

Post a Comment