Sunday, May 5, 2013

Connect with Lisa "Miss Lisa" Rayle

RUBY: Tell us about your role as a teacher at 1st Step Learning Center.
Miss Lisa:  I am one of the 3-year-old teachers at first step. This is my 5th year teaching here, and I was a substitute teacher for one year. Our duties as a teacher are many.  We come up with lesson plans and help guide them through a year of exciting crafts, science projects, chapel lessons and other fun activities. We also help them develop their social skills with each other and build self-esteem.

RUBY: What is one of your favorite aspects of teaching preschoolers?
Miss Lisa:  Just watching them grow from the beginning of the school year to the end is so amazing. Sometimes they come in very shy and quiet, but by the end of the year they have opened up and are just so excited to get to school each day.

RUBY: Personally, our family was blessed to have you as a teacher for both of my girls, and they have wonderful memories of your being their teacher. Share a memorable teaching moment.
Miss Lisa:  As a preschool teacher for the better part of 25 years, I have many great memories. We have had caterpillars in our classrooms many times and just watching their excitement to see them turn into butterflies is always so fun! Helping them to get excited about learning is one of my favorite things.


RUBY: What are your plans for the summer break?
Miss Lisa:  This summer my husband and I, our three kids, our son-in-law and our granddaughter will spend 10 days in Florida together! Since my children have grown up, we don’t often get to have everyone together so I am very excited about this. I will also get to have my granddaughter for a week this summer. 

RUBY: Share a favorite Bible verse and/or inspirational song, and why this is a favorite.
Miss Lisa:  So many to choose from! Well, Philipians 4:13 “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me,” is the first thing that pops into my head. As I get older I jokingly say that Proverbs 16:31 “Gray hair is a crown of splendor; it is attained in the way of the righteousness,” is my new favorite.  One of my favorite songs right now is by Colton Dixon and it is called You Are. Really powerful and you may just see me belting it out in my car!


RUBY: Tell us about your family.
Miss Lisa:  I am a Navy brat who married a Navy man.  We moved to Troy in the summer of 2006, and this is the longest I have lived in one place in my entire life. I have lived in 7 states and 2 countries. We have three children and one grandchild. My oldest daughter, Jessica, and her husband and their daughter live in Lexington, KY. My middle child, Samantha, graduated from Greenville last summer with a degree in education. My youngest and only son, Christopher will graduate from Taylor University in just a couple weeks and will be attending medical school in Chicago. David and I have been married for 24 years.

RUBY: With Mother's Day around the corner, what does being a mother mean to you?
Miss Lisa:  I love being a mom and now a Grandma! To me being a mom means sacrifice, but in a great way. It takes a lot of time, money, love and energy to raise a child, but watching them become wonderful, amazing children of God is sooooo awesome!

RUBY: What trait do you most admire in others?
Miss Lisa:  I like to think of it more as a gift, but I really admire those encouragers out there! Those people who just always have a beautiful smile, a kind word or a compliment at the ready for whoever may need it!

RUBY: How may we contact you in order to make a further connection?
Miss Lisa:  We live in Troy in the Meadowbrooke subdivision. E-mail me and our number is 618-402-3995




No comments:

Post a Comment