Tuesday, October 1, 2013

I Cheated with Kit Kats on Day 2

Woman blessing, devoted friend, and gluten-free health nut Christin convinced me to partake in a 21-day cleanse with her.  Up for most anything, I agreed especially after she told me her father-in-law, a cancer survivor, participated in this program and then tested completely free of the Big C.  What can I say?  (1) Looking at her (she is beautiful both inside and out) and (2) hearing this (cansah free), I was sold.  I figured it couldn't hurt.

Yummy Sauteed Zucchini and Onions
Today is Day 3, and I am still living to tell about it.  Three pounds lighter, my stomach has not imploded, much to my delight, due to all of the healthful foods and the 30 pills I must swallow daily.  Instead, I feel a slight spring to my step and perceive a faint glow to the skin.

Brussel Sprouts, Carrots, and Onions Prepared for Roasting
Being the concerned physician assistant and friend she is, Christin checks in often throughout the day for progress reports.  I, in turn, report changes in my bowel movements (normal) as well as my fall from grace (Kit Kats).  Could one blame me?  Halloween candy makes me weak in the knees, and we have acquired quite the stash (prepared for those Trick or Treaters).  
To my relief, I told Christin myself because my 7-year-old not only threatened to tell Christin, but ended up e-mailing her.  The e-mail read, "Mom ate a Kit Kat.  She said she couldn't take it anymore."  Thus, my girls took it upon themselves to hide the goods in order to help me.

Candy Hidden in a Dresser Drawer

Believe it or not, I am looking forward to the days ahead in order to see what happens at the end of this 21-day metaphorical hike uphill.

Dear Lord,
Thank you for the body you have given me.  Please assist me in my attempts to treat my body as a temple.  
In Your name, I pray,
Amen

By Courtney Winkler

No comments:

Post a Comment