Thursday, July 11, 2013

Prayer of Guidance

This is the transcript of the ACTUAL radio conversation of a US naval ship with Canadian authorities off the coast of Newfoundland in
October 1995.
Radio conversation released by the Chief of Naval Operations 10-10-95.

Canadians: Please divert your course 15 degrees to the South to avoid a collision

Americans: Recommend you divert your course 15 degrees to the North to avoid a collison

Canadians: Negative. You will have to divert your course 15 degrees to the South to avoid a collison

Americans: This is the Captain of a US Navy ship. I say again, divert YOUR course.

Canadians: No. I say again, you divert YOUR course.

Americans: THIS IS THE AIRCRAFT CARRIER USS LINCOLN, THE SECOND LARGEST SHIP IN THE UNITED STATES' ATLANTIC FLEET.

WE ARE ACCOMPANIED By THREE DESTROYERS, THREE CRUISERS AND NUMEROUS SUPPORT VESSELS. I DEMAND THAT YOU CHANGE YOUR COURSE 15 DEGREES NORTH, I SAY AGAIN, THAT'S ONE FIVE

DEGREES NORTH, OR COUNTERMEASURES WILL BE UNDERTAKEN TO ENSURE THE SAFETY OF THIS SHIP.

Canadians: This is a lighthouse. Your call.

***

This got me thinking.  How often do  we think we have the only way, the right way, my way or the highway?  And then don’t understand why we hit a literal brick wall in our efforts.  It’s that saying that if we keep on doing things the same way, we will always get the same results.

Dear Lord
Please grant me wisdom to know when to listen to you from the very beginning when I go in to prayer with you.  Guide me to move 15 degrees south to avoid a collision when the world is weighing me down.  Give me the courage to listen to your word, and know your presence in my life.  Amen

Carol Pigg

No comments:

Post a Comment