1/2 cup flour
3/4 cup cocoa powder (best with at least half Special Dark Chocolate cocoa)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 cup sugar
1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla
12 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold
1. Mix together dry ingredients (flour, cocoa, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper) and set aside.
2. Mix egg, vanilla, and sugar on medium speed until mixture is white and creamy.
3. Cut butter into small pieces and add to mixture, stirring well.
4. Gradually stir in dry ingredients until just mixed.
5. Using two pieces of wax paper, form the mixture into two logs, each 8 inches long. Roll each log in a piece of wax paper. Freeze for 4 to 8 hours (longer is best).
6. Slice into 1/3-inch pieces and place them on cookie sheet 1 inch apart.
7. Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes, until cookies are set.