Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Goal Enactment

After reading woman blessing Julie Ford's Happy New Year Lovelies!, I felt motivated to set some goals.  Realizing I had somehow allowed my gratitude journal to slip from daily use, I invested in a journal I would want to write in daily.  
 
I love finding slightly imperfect journals at T.J. Maxx.


As Julie had written, I am still an avid fan of pen to paper writing, so I wanted a journal which would, in essence, call to me each evening while resting on the couch or right before bed.  Each night I write ten occurrences in the day for which I am thankful.  This may range from a kiss from the hub before he leaves for work to the giggles of my girls in the evening, doing anything to avoid hopping into bed at night. . . gratitude at finally being able to grab ahold of that annoying chin hair with my tweezers or the healing of that prominent pimple on my cheek (aaaah, the rewards of hormones in my 40s).  Thus, not gratitude for material items, but for the everyday happenings which matter the most.

In addition, I pledged the creation of more cards to send to loved ones or those in need.  Although I do not have the artistic card talents of women blessings Deb Ellis, Angie Henshaw, or Cathy Lynn, I can still (and will always) strive for that level of expertise and embrace the process for the joy which it brings to me, and I hope, those who receive my cards (or, at the very least, a chuckle at my attempts).



How are you coming along in your New Year's goals?

By Courtney Winkler

No comments:

Post a Comment