Friday, January 4, 2013

Connect with Carolyn Biagi

RUBY:  How long have you attended Troy United Methodist Church?
Carolyn:  Approx. 11 years.  I remember attending a Palm Sunday service as a pregnant lady just before my son was born on Easter Sunday that year.  (April 15th, 2011 – yes, ironically, also tax day)

RUBY:  What drew you to this church?
Carolyn:  My cousin was attending this church at the time.  We were searching for a church since we had just moved to this area.  The people were nice & there were lots of kids my daughter’s age.  I also enjoy the music.

RUBY:  Which service do you typically attend?
Carolyn:  9am – Most Sundays my husband Mark runs either lyrics or lights for the Tech Team. 


RUBY:  Share a favorite Bible verse and/or inspirational song, and why this is a favorite.
Carolyn:  I enjoy reading the book of Ecclesiastes when I need some perspective.  It can be related to the current times and help us realize that all on this earth is futile.  My favorite is chapter 3 verses 1 -12.  It talks about there being a time to weep and a time for joy.  Basically a time for everything under heaven.  But in verse 12 it says, “So I concluded there is nothing better than to be happy and enjoy ourselves as long as we can.”  Mandissa has turned it into a great song called “He  Is With You.”

RUBY:
  Tell us about your involvement at Troy UMC and/or the community.
Carolyn:  I currently sing in the Praise Band on a rotating schedule and have recently started singing in the Chancel Choir for the Christmas program & the 10 am service.

RUBY:
  I heard you recently started a new job.  Congratulations!  Tell us about it.
Carolyn:  I have been a CPA for the last 17 years.  I enjoy doing taxes for other people and helping them manage their finances better.  My new job is with a small CPA firm in St. Louis on the 20th floor of the Sevens building.  It has a great view of downtown & the Arch!

RUBY:  Tell us about your family.
Carolyn:  I have been married to my wonderful husband, Mark, for 17 ½ years.  We have a 13-year-old daughter named Jenna and an 11-year-old son named Tyler (TJ).  We enjoy playing video games and board games and going to the movies as a family.  Jenna is into musical theater, playing the clarinet & piano and singing in school choir and the Praise Band Jr.  TJ enjoys playing football and baseball and playing video games as much as possible.    

       

RUBY:  What is your favorite smell?
Carolyn:  My favorite time of the year is Fall, and during that time I love to smell burning leaves.  It reminds me of growing up in a small town.

RUBY:  What is your favorite hobby?
Carolyn:  My husband says I have a lot of hobbies.  But I think I just enjoy trying new things.  I really enjoy going away for a girls’ weekend to scrapbook memories of my family.

RUBY:  How may we contact you in order to make a further connection?
Carolyn:  I get emails on my cell phone, so either email or call me. 
Email address:  carolyn@biagis.net (yes, my husband is a computer guy) 
Cell phone:  618.973.1713

No comments:

Post a Comment