Wednesday, January 2, 2013

God told me today . . .

“Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.”  Philippians 3:13-14 (ESV)

Just as Paul wrote to fellow Christians back in his day, I write to you. I am by NO means an expert; I make mistakes, miss deadlines and fail at times. Today is a brand new day, a new start, a do-over. Move on from what did not work yesterday, last week last year. Start today and give Him your best self.
I believe strongly that my body is God’s temple, that if I have invited Jesus into my heart, I had better get that guest room up to the standards He deserves.
As many of you know I having been working on my weight, but you may not know exactly how. I want to share with you what’s going on with a little project I call Faithful Fitness Friends. FF started last January and has continued throughout 2012. After much prayer and consideration, I felt the need to share what God has been doing through me with others. I started an on-line Facebook group and asked permission to meet at the church for group workout sessions. We competed in 3 5Ks last year and a couple plank challenges. We want to do that and more this year, and we want you to do it too!



Our Facebook Group is a private group where I attempt to share information daily about what it means to live wholly Holy, in mind body and spirit; encouraging support, accountability and community. We would like to meet face to face, possibly once a month, at the church for the same type of sharing. We are looking into times and spaces available.
For the workouts, we have been using videos by Leslie Sansone, Michelle Spadafora, Brooke Boone. Sessions last 30-45 minutes depending on the video and the amount of energy we can work up together! We are beginning this year with morning sessions @ 5:15 am in the upper Youth area on Tuesdays and Thursdays. There are evening sessions being considered once again for Monday or Tuesday nights. Also, I can workout @ 7am on Saturdays. If these times and dates don’t work for you, PLEASE speak up and let us know what will. I want to find a place and people to join you on your journey!
I do not believe in diets, fads and quick fixes; I’m learning the benefits of healthy eating, regular exercise and prayer. With God’s strength and support, I have managed to lose over 50 pounds, probably closer to 75! I feel better than I have in years and am able to do things I have never done before. I invite you to join me and others as we attempt to stay Faithfully Fit in 2013!


Please contact me at FaithfulFitnessTUMC@gmail.com.


Beth Miramonti

No comments:

Post a Comment