Thursday, November 15, 2012

Dannette's Devotional: God's Love

For I am convinced that neither death nor life,
neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers,
neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation,

will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 8:38

Give thanks to the God of gods. His love endures forever.
Psalm 136:2


Nike

Nike is the most affectionate cat I’ve known.  She sits on our laps and purrs whenever we give her the opportunity.  Her greatest desire is to be close to us.  Too often my hectic life limits my time for her.  On my busiest days, the only attention she is guaranteed are those few minutes in the morning and evening when I stuff a pill down her throat and quickly fill her plate with cat food. 
Recently, Nike jumped on my lap and snuggled close when I finally settled down after several busy days.  As I petted her silky fur and felt her contented purring, I marvelled: “I don’t deserve the love you give me, Nike.”
In that moment, I felt an overwhelming reminder of God’s love.  Too often, I get so caught up in my demanding job and overloaded schedule that I don’t spend enough time with God.  Yet, His love for me never ceases.  He loves me much more than I will ever deserve.  Nothing can separate me from His amazing, enduring love.

As we go through our busy days, let us make time for God and marvel at His amazing, enduring love for us. 

Dannette McKellar

No comments:

Post a Comment