Monday, January 16, 2012

Connect with Mary Kennett

RUBY: How long have you attended Troy UMC?

Mary: I have been attending TUMC since Feb. 2004. The weekend we moved to Troy was Fire-up weekend, and we had friends from our home church attending so it made for an easy transition! We enjoyed it, so we have been coming back ever since.




RUBY: What drew you to this church?

Mary: The Praise band, and how friendly everyone was. We felt very welcomed!



RUBY:  Which service do you typically attend?

Mary: 9 O’clock service.



RUBY:  Share a favorite Bible verse, and why this is a favorite.

Mary: And looking at them Jesus said to them, "With people this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."  -Matthew 19:26
I think of this verse when things get challenging in life, and it makes things seem a little easier knowing God is always there with me.




RUBY: For me personally, your enthusiastic participation doing hair at the Get Pinked Party was overwhelming. Tell us about your involvement with hair.

Mary: Well I went back to cosmetology school in 2007. It was something I have always been drawn to and wanted to do. I really enjoy what I can do and like seeing what I can create. Besides it is always fun meeting new people and making them feel a little better!



RUBY: You personally touched the life of my daughter teaching at 1st Step Learning Center. Would you tell us more about your teaching?

Mary:  Well I have my teaching degree in Special Education, and when it became hard to find a teaching job, I went back to school for cosmetology, but I was put on bed rest while I was pregnant with my daughter and lost my job. When I started looking for a new job, it was not an easy task. Kim [McGrath] called me and said they were looking for some new teachers, so I applied, and the rest is history.




RUBY: Any other connections you would like to share?

Mary:  Well some of the best connections I have made through Troy UMC were the ones I made when I was on bed rest. The church was very helpful in setting up a care calendar to provide us meals, and also rides to the doctor so Ryan would not have to take time off weekly for my appointments. I met some amazing people through that, and they are still close to our family today!



RUBY: Tell us about your family.

Mary:  Well my husband Ryan and I have been married for 8 years, and we have a beautiful daughter named Annalee (aka Annie). My husband works with computers, and he also plays in the praise band at the 9 o’clock service. Annie will be 2 in January, and she is full of energy, and I love spending time with her!



RUBY: What do you think Heaven will be like?

Mary:  Well I do believe in Heaven, and I think it is going to be wonderful! Lots of time spent worshiping and doing the things we love. I think it will be nice not to see suffering and poverty. Hopefully there will be reunions with loved ones as well.



RUBY: How may we contact you in order to make a further connection?

Mary:  You can contact me by email at either mymy1978@hotmail.com or marykennett03@gmail.com or phone at 618-977-4230

No comments:

Post a Comment