Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Connect with Julie Ford

1.  How long have you attended Troy UMC?
I have attended TUMC for a little over two years now, and I love this church.

2.  What drew you to this church?
I started attending TUMC because this is the church my husband attended.

3.  Which service do you typically attend?
I normally attend 9:00 am, I love the Praise & Worship part of the service.  The first time I attended TUMC, I attended the 10:30 service which I really loved also, it reminded me when our family would go to my Grandpa's church in Herrin, Illinois, the Troy 10:30 service was so sweet and the people were so welcoming, I felt like I belonged there.

4.  Share one of your favorite Bible verses, and explain why it means so much to you.
I have many verses that are held in my heart, but I will have to say the verse which means the most to me is Jeremiah 29:11, '"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."'  - this was the first Bible verse I memorized and many times in my life I have held tight to the verse because I know God has plans for me, plans to prosper me and not harm me.

My other Bible verse that runs close to Jeremiah 29:11 is Phil 4:4-7, "Rejoice in the Lord always.  I will say it again:  Rejoice!  Let your gentleness be evident to all.  The Lord is near.  Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and position, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."  I memorized this verse a few months before many very stressful events happened to me; God knew I would need this to keep me going forward.  Not only did the Bible verse give me peace, it gave me strength to keep going.

5.  Tell us about your family.
I am the wife of Jim Ford, I am a mother to Jordan, Jenna, Justin Summers, who were all born in Ft Worth, Texas.  My children are mostly out of the house, my oldest son Jordan lives in Adana, Turkey serving in USAF.  My daughter Jenna is a senior at McKendree University studying psychology, my youngest son Justin attends SIUE and he is a manager at Wehrenberg Theatres.  I am a step mom to Jim's kids Matthew;16 X-Box fein, Zach; freshman in High School-study guru & Kaitlyn; 8th grader world class gymnast. I also have (four) four-legged children.

6.  What led you to your involvement in the Women's Ministry as the Events Coordinator?

I have a passion for women's ministry; I worked with the women at my previous church and really loved it.  I thought after getting married and moving to Troy that I would not have the opportunity to work with women's ministry, but luckily I was wrong.  I love to encourage women; we have a lot on our plates at all times and whenever there is something special created with women in mind, it makes me want to work hard and make things especially nice.  I want to encourage all women to attend Bible Studies, attend anything that is for women; we need each other.

7.  The Women's Retreat at Lake Williamson was a huge success.  What do you have planned for us in the future?
Thank you for saying that; it was a combined effort plus we prayed over the event which makes all the difference in the world to events being successful or not.  Stay tuned for future events for the ladies.

8.  How did you give thanks this Thanksgiving?

Our Thanksgiving was celebrated at our home with 17 of Jim's family and two of my children; I was thankful for the opportunity to serve others and host the dinner, but I was missing my oldest son; this was the first Thanksgiving without him; let this be a warning to all mothers - "The days are long, but the years are short" - I read this on Courtney Doctor's website about her children leaving the nest.  It is so true, but never did I realize it until my kids started leaving home.  I am very thankful to Jesus who has orchestrated my life; I don't want it any other way.

9.  How may we contact you to make a further connection?

I can be reached at my email address: jeford5@yahoo.com and would love to hear about any ideas for our ladies at Troy UMC.

No comments:

Post a Comment