Thursday, January 19, 2012

Connect with Deb Inman


Deb Inman pictured far right.
RUBY:  How long have you been attending Troy UMC?
Deb:  We started attending troy umc in august of 2002 
 
RUBY:  What drew you to this church?
Deb:  We were drawn to this church by previous experience with the
church--Carl spent the night with a youth group several years before.
And I felt led to this church.


RUBY:  Which service do you typically attend?
Deb:  Most often I attend the 9 am service, but I am usually here for all
three services.


RUBY:  Share a favorite Bible verse, and why this is a favorite.
Deb:  Matthew 7:7
   "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the
door will be opened to you."
An encouragement and reminder to me that our God is a loving and
responsive God and that prayer DOES make a difference.


RUBY:  Tell us about your family.
Deb:  My Family is awesome.  They love the Lord and live lives that reflect
that.  Erica and Camden and Derek live in Philly. Camden is a Phd
student at Westminister Seminary, and Erica is a stay-at-home mom after
being the Director of Development for the Philadelphia Rescue Mission.
Joshua and Lisa and Colby live in Orlando.  Gregory has recently
graduated from siue and has a job in O'Fallon, MO.  He is engaged to be
married in June.  Lauren teaches high school science in O'Fallon.
And my best friend Carl is enjoying being a grandpa.


RUBY:  You are the Director of Lay Ministry.  What exactly does this
entail?
Deb:  Director of Lay Ministry--mmmm--the job responsibilities are fluid =:)
My primary purpose is to help people discover their spiritual gifts and
to find a place in ministry that is a good fit. I believe that there is
a ministry role for each of us and that we are all called to serve in
some capacity--and I feel called to help folks discover what that is.
I also have responsibility for adult studies, hospitality, food service,
custodial/facility use issues, trustee liaison, pastoral care
coordination and miscellaneous details as they arise.


RUBY:  What's the best way to spend a rainy weekend?
Deb:  I like to cook soup and build a fire in the fire place and snuggle down
and spend time with whoever is around.


RUBY:  Do you have a special Christmas tradition you would like to share?
Deb:  We have for several years--wrapped all of each person's gifts in the
same paper.(no names on pkgs)  On Christmas morning the kids stack the
gifts in piles and guess which pile if for which person based on the
paper and the pile.  They always are able to figure it out.  After the
gifts have been opened, we make waffles with strawberries and whipped
cream and lots of bacon.


RUBY:  How may we contact you in order to make a further connection?
Deb:  I am anxious to hear from Ruby readers
deb@troyumc.org at my desk
deblaymin@gmail.com on my phone
667-6241 at my desk
974-8010 on my cell

No comments:

Post a Comment