Friday, February 7, 2014

Becoming the Woman God Designed You to Be


My daughters always tease me about never using recipes when I cook. I’m not crazy about reading directions and recipes are directions. I don’t like using a pattern when I sew either. It takes too much time to cut it out and read it. And then there’s the measuring…oy the math!

It has taken me a long time to realize that God has a recipe for my life. He already decided who I am and who I will be as I grow older. I really want to be on that same page of the recipe that He is, but I can’t be if I don’t read the directions and pray about it. He has an entire book to help us lead our lives and become the women He has designed us to be. 
 
Every day, part of my daily prayer is that God will reveal more to me about becoming the woman He designed me to be. Some days I am so busy being the woman I think I should be, or my sinful nature takes over and I am who the World wants me to be that I don’t hear Him. Also, I should stop telling Him how to do his job while I am praying. He does a pretty good job at His job without my help.
Sometimes it is hard to know how to pray to Him effectively so I’m not just rambling about what I want and how I want it. God gave us a simple recipe for effective prayer. I decided to really put the emphasis on Him when I pray it, like this:

Our Father, who art in heaven,
hallowed be
thy name.Thy Kingdom come, thy will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us
this day our daily bread.
And
forgive us our trespasses,
as we
forgive those who trespass against us.
And
lead us not into temptation,
but
deliver us from evil.
For
thine is the kingdom,
The power
And the glory.
Forever and ever.
Amen!

Please join me at the Women’s Day of Renewal 
at Good Shepherd Lutheran Church in Collinsville on March 7-8th as we explore 
“Becoming The Woman God Designed You To Be.”
By Pat Schwieder

No comments:

Post a Comment