Sunday, December 11, 2011

Connect with Carol Pigg

1. How long have you attended Troy UMC?

20 years



2. What drew you to this church?


Went to Methodist Church in Mt. Vernon—the pastor was a friend of Dennis’ we later learned.  Listening to Tim at a woman’s Christmas dinner function sealed the deal.


3. Which service do you typically attend?


8 AM, although for about a month or more, been going to all 3 services.  It’s great meeting more people from the church.


4. Share a favorite Bible verse, and why this is a favorite.

Of course, Thes. 5:11. We are encouragers of each other through our gifts.

Another is Ephesians 4: 16-19

I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you ….

How good is it that we have God and Jesus in our lives to give us love, grace and power to be sisters established in love.


5. What is one of your favorite hymns?


It Is Well with My Soul.  Always loved this, and it was the last hymn I sang to my Mom just hours before she went to meet Jesus and be with Dad, Grammie and Grampie again.


6. Name a hobby.


Sewing pillowcases for the deployed troops.


7. What are you passionate about?

My ministry to our troops. Currently I have 3 Air Force Families I have adopted, as well as many others through my monthly adoptions with Molly’s Adopt-a-Sailor. We adopt ALL branches of the military.


8. Tell us about your family. 

Husband of 30 years, Max. Met him while he was a student at Butler U in Indianapolis, and he was our summer interim organist at my church right out of high school. We will have known each other 40 years.

Son Andy. 24 and in the US Navy. Extremely talented with his hands and he loves music and art.



Two rescue dogs. Buttercup and Lucy.

I am only 2nd generation in the US. Grampie was from Estonia, escaped through Chezk, and immigrated to Boston. Grammie was 14 and came through Ellis Island from the Black Forest, Germany.   


9. What is one of the most thoughtful gifts you have ever received?


Gosh—so many. The year I had to go to church conference, and Andy and Max were in Washington DC. They bought me a necklace that is cherished.

My Mom giving me the love of reading books.


10. How may we contact you in order to make a further connection?


Cell phone/text at (618) 972-9131

pamperedpig3@charter.net

1 comment: