Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Jesus Loves Me This I Know

What I've never understood is when people are told about the love of Jesus and how much He wants us to love Him and give our lives to Him, a lot of people will say "I'm not a good enough person." or "I've done too many bad things." ......But that's the whole point of the gospel!!! Jesus looks beyond all of that! He doesn't see us as we see ourselves. He looks on us with an incredible love that we cannot even imagine the depth of! He knows that we make mistakes. He knows that we have flaws and weaknesses. He knows that we will do things to break his heart. He knows everything about us. He knows us better than we know ourselves! AND HE STILL LOVES US and wants us to be His children and follow Him.

Lately I've really been struck by the significance of Jesus Christ's love for me. So I know that Jesus loves me (the Bible tells me so) and I know that I am supposed to live my life the way Jesus would want me to live it. So, shouldn't I show Jesus' love to others? Not just people in my home, or people I love in my life, but everyone? Why don't I??? Why do I judge people negatively in the instant that I see them, instead of trying to look at them as Jesus looks at them? This is one area that I am REALLY working through right now. I want to see people and love them the way Jesus loves them. I want to see someone in need and help them in any way that I can. I am a very blessed woman. God has given me so much, and lately I have really felt this desire to give to people in radical ways. I'm not going to list what I've been doing, because I want that to remain between me and God. As I've started giving more, I just felt like there was something missing. And lately, as I've thought about it, I think what's been missing is the love of Jesus. I can give and give and give, physical things; but if I am still looking on strangers with judging eyes and scoffing thoughts, and not in love, then what good is my giving?? I want to see people through the eyes of Jesus; to see people the way Jesus sees them. I want everyone to know that there is NOTHING that you have done or said or thought about that Jesus doesn't already know about....AND HE STILL LOVES YOU!!! He still wants you to love Him and give your life to Him, so that He can greet you in Heaven some day! No matter what you've done, no matter how many bad choices you've made. No one is perfect. Not even me.....






Romans 3:23 For ALL have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.

Romans 5:8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Romans 8:39 Neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

1 John 4:7 Let us love one another, for love comes from God.

1 John 5:2 This is how we know that we love the children of God: by loving God and carrying out his commands.



Lisa Powell

No comments:

Post a Comment