From the kitchen of: Beth Miramonti
Preparation time: 15 min
Note: Super easy recipe! Highly addictive and totally unhealthy, be warned!
- 1 pkg (1lb 8 oz) Vanilla Almond Bark
- 1 Cup Captain Crunch cereal
- 1 Cup Captain Crunch Oops All Berries
- 2 Cups Rice Krispies
- 1 Cup small pretzel sticks broken in smaller pieces
- 1 Cup peanuts
- 1 ½ Cup mini marshmallows
Experiment with different cereal combinations to change the colors and flavors. Holiday edition cereals, when you can find them, have fun shapes and colors. We also sometimes add M&M’s or flavored baking chips (Choc, peanut butter, butterscotch) YUMMY!
- Mix all dry ingredients
- Melt bark on low heat till creamy. Microwave works really well for this. Heat in 30 second intervals and stir well between blasts.
- Add dry mixture to melted bark and stir until well coated.
- Spread out thinly on cookie sheets to cool.
- When cold, break into pieces and place in airtight container.
- Store in cool location, but do not refrigerate.
Yield: approx 8 cups.
My Mom (Granny) has made this every Christmas for the past 15 years or so. She loves to use it for small gifts to share with friends, coworkers, service personnel and just about everyone she meets around the Holidays. We were happy to share this with all of you and the guests at Troy UMC’s 3rd annual Ladies Christmas Brunch.
Enjoy and God Bless