Thursday, August 2, 2012

Connect with Ruth Aylsworth




RUBY: How long have you attended Troy United Methodist Church?

I have attended TUMC for more than eight years


RUBY: What drew you to this church?

I felt the love that people have for our Lord and that they genuinely care about sharing faith and reaching people


RUBY: Which service do you typically attend? 
 
When possible I enjoy the 9:00 service. Teaching preschool helps me with my walk with Christ as I prepare my weekly lessons.


RUBY: Share a favorite Bible verse and/or inspirational song, and why this is a favorite. 
 
My favorite verses are “As for me and my house we will serve the Lord” and “Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.” They are my favorite because I know that when Christ is first in my life, I can get through anything. Christ has never failed me, and though I have failed Him many times, I know He will always care for me and forgive me. I also feel that it is important to reach children when they are young so that they can grow in Christ’s love.


RUBY: I am so grateful that you were Corinna's Sunday school teacher, and I look forward to Colette having you this year. Tell us about your involvement at Troy UMC and/or the community. 
 
I have been teaching preschool on Sunday for probably 6 or 7 years, and I love seeing how much the kids enjoying learning “The Big God Story.” I also cleaned the kitchen on Wednesdays for probably about the same number of years, though I am taking a semester off while I take classes in Early Childhood Education, and I recently started cleaning up after the Munch N Ministries.


RUBY: Tell us about your family. 
 
I have been married to my wonderful husband for over 25 years, and we have two great kids, Jana and Joe. They both live in Colorado. My husband is a very strong Christian man and sometimes when the weight of the world seems too much, he always reminds me of all the times that Christ has brought us through our trials.


RUBY: What makes a house a home? 
 
Unconditional love and faith


RUBY: If you decided to go on a spiritual journey, where would you go and what would you do? 
 
I would go to Bethlehem and Jerusalem to see holy places. I think that would be amazing, and humbling.


RUBY: How may we contact you in order to make a further connection?  

My email addresses are tydefan_1@charter.net and ruth.aylsworth@gmail.com





No comments:

Post a Comment